But like parachuting and romance, we’re biologically built to question things that seem scary—even when the rewards are great. So, if you’re fence sitting and need a push to move forward, you’ll be delighted to know that happy people take more risks, according to a University College London study. If you’re already happy, you could become downright ecstatic in Belize and that should add weight to the argument you’re having with yourself.
One of the best antidotes for hesitation is the old art of list-making, and if these reasons don’t convince you of the wisdom of a move, you’re not the risk taker you thought you were! Retire or invest in Belize by finding the safe, gorgeous new home you crave in Cerros Sands, Corozal where you get these 15 benefits:
1. The chance to move to an overseas real estate market that’s flourishing.
2. A home that won’t require you to learn Spanish because English is Belize’s first language.
3. Projects like Cerros Sands provide a ready-made community.
4. Belize tax incentives are so numerous, you may not believe your eyes when you see them.
5. Investment incentives are remarkable, too.
6. Proximity to the U.S. can be measured in meals: eat breakfast in Corozal and lunch back in the U.S.
7. Offshore banking perks are desirable; transactions are private and secure from government oversight.
8. Residential property acquisition may be easier and faster than your previous U.S. experiences.
9. Real estate is so affordable, you get twice the residence for half the cost and perhaps on a beach.
10. Real estate taxes are negligible.
11. Infrastructure at communities like Cerros Sands is built according to U.S. standards of excellence.
12. Make it your vacation home until you’re ready to move or rent it out when you’re not in residence.
13. The cost of living is low and U.S. dollars buy everything you need.
14. You can finance your purchase through an international bank if you don’t pay cash.
15. Belize’s Qualified Retirement Persons Act give you so many benefits, even low real estate taxes can take a back seat to these advantages.
Move to Cerros Sands? It’s a move in the right direction for all of the aforementioned reasons but if you don’t take the risk now, the beachfront property that has your name written all over it could be snapped up by someone else. One visit will convince you. Now, that’s a risk you can afford to take!